Friday, January 3, 2014

We can only give hope if we remember where we come from

   18       For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
   19       because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
   20       For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
   21       For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
   22       Professing to be wise, they became fools,
   23       and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.
   24       Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.
   25       For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.


New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (LaHabra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Ro 1:18–25.

These are a hard set of scripture and many of us Christians use it as a hammer to smash all of the arguments of our culture. We use it to reveal God to them, to make them conform to the image we portray of Him. We become the world's judge instead of allowing God to do that from heaven.We all have places in our lives that bear the fruit of unrighteousness and thereby we suppress the very truth we are trying to proclaim.  In these scriptures I have had a change from seeing the sin and seeing the God I hope in being able to save me. HE is the one in control because believe it or not He turned us over. As Christians I see places where our culture has done the same things as those we are against. I am never going to be perfect but through Christ I can be a over comer and I have chosen to not hide any area of my life from Him. HE knows it anyway and I want Him to change me so that my life no longer suppresses the truth. Then my heart will change and I will see others who are trying to figure this thing called life out and I can come along side them and help them to understand what God has done for them also. I am allowing God to break my heart for those who don't know Him so that I can bring the Hope of God to them, then they will have Faith in Him, and let Him Love them. Will you leave the judges seat and choose to walk with someone today if they know Him or not we all need a friend not a judge?

No comments:

Post a Comment