Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Clearing the Brush

Three weeks ago we cut a bunch of limbs from a tree and bushes to give more light to some areas. Our lilac had been pushing out of the shadows into the light into the yard. It is looking great and the lilac has responded well to the change. In the process though I had a lot of cut limbs beside the house. It has rained several times and the limbs were wet and getting moldy. Our neighbor is hooking us up in having someone get rid of it for us. The question for this morning is after you have forgiven or been free, is their cuttings from the issue still laying around in your life. We have to get rid of the old thought process that go with that old pain.

2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
The Holy Bible: New International Version (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1984), 2 Co 10:5.

Many times these old thoughts are just hanging around in our flesh. We have to clear them out and not let them clutter up our lives. A way we can do that is to change our thought process. To change the way we think or what we dwell on is a major part of the freedom we receive. I use 2 Corinthians 10:5 for this in my own life. I choose to bring my thought life under the authority of Jesus because that is His best for me. It clears my mind and my creativity and focus explode in a new and powerful way. Have you cleared the brush???

No comments:

Post a Comment