Friday, May 24, 2013

Obedience

As a child if I didn't do quickly and exactly what my Dad wanted the hammer was coming down. My father always said I was a good boy. Unknowingly my Dad shaped how I saw love and it has shaped my very soul. I obey God from a standpoint of fear that if I don't He will remove His love and blessing from me. I did it from a wrong understanding of Love and fear. This way causes striving, worry, and in security to be the fruit of my life. This morning the Lord revealed this to me and showed me the other side.  His love that removes this fear of loss and failure to something much deeper. I want to be obedient because He is my God and I love Him. I haven't figured out what the Godly fear looks like or what the fullness of His love is. I do know that God took my very soul and removed all fear and now I need to walk in love and retrain this flesh to do things from this new perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment