Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Holiness- A Key to Character Development

Holiness is a requirement for the Christian today. I don't care what the new fad of the church is, God has always asked the church to be separated unto Himself. We do not live unto ourselves, we have given up our rights to Him. I have found some things that are unholy in my thought life and in my physical life. I am hitting my thought life with prayer and reprogramming it to think differently. My body is a temple unto the Lord and I am going to work very hard to loose my weight and have a strong temple. This body doesn't belong to me anymore and I cannot do what I need to accomplish if I am tired and weary because my flesh can not keep up with all I need to do. Just like my body there are a lot of bad things stealing energy and progress in the church body. We have had awesome moves of God only to have them discredited by the leader falling away because they fell into sin. Their private temple did not maintain the separated life of holiness the Lord requires and the enemy got in there and destroyed all God had done. I believe in this day God is calling us to new positions of holiness and humility so that we can be ready for when He does pour out His Spirit. I believe what we have seen from the Lord is a warning and a raising of the bar, He allows men and women to be raised as grace and those who cant maintain it are examples of why it is so important to develop our character and holiness along with the supernatural gifts. Church leadership has got to quit just looking at the giftedness of the person we must look at their character and hold them accountable. We cannot afford anymore black eyes because we didn't look globally at the whole picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment