Friday, January 13, 2012

Structure

This week I really had something throw me off track. Since I haven't blogged in three days you can tell. I was screaming at the Lord about it at bluff point and felt better after that. The Lord said are you done and I said yes HE said good and that was that. Then yesterday the Lord came into my prayer time and showed me that I valued man made structures more than I loved Him. You see I have always done different things because my leaders say this is the way to be raised up. But God has shown me that I have never been promoted in any way that is common. He has always forced me into positions to promote me. Years ago at Seaport I was not on Pastor Brad's radar yet to be a cell leader. I wasn't being mentored by a cell leader and that was the structure to get there. I told him my idea for a cell on the base in March and He told me to go spend time with so and so to get mentored. Two weeks before Easter the Lord told me to call the base and talk to the Chaplin about the idea. I did and a Catholic Chaplin jumped right on board telling me to start it the next week. Talk about an open door. I went back and told Pastor Brad and he was like what, Rusty you haven't been mentored, and pastor Debbie said what do you mean you have been mentoring Rusty for years, Pastor Brad looked at us and said Yes. Then He promoted me and we jumped on the opportunity the Lord gave us. There had not been a church sponsored bible study on the base in 32 years. PTL!!!!!!! It is never easy because it always humbles me and cost me dearly. I don't think people understand that when you are a prisoner of the Lord and he wants to stir up something HE will do it. Since HE never waste anything he does it changes all of those through the process. What has God asked you to do that might be out of the box and do you love Him enough to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment