Sunday, January 1, 2012

The New Year

Happy New Year we say and then we try and think of things that we should establish in our lives. For some it feels like a butterfly coming from their cocoon stepping into a new world. As a Christian who has God's mercies new every morning and His Spirit residing within us everyday should be a day of starting something new. Everyday we should be closer to Jesus than ever before because our hearts are filled with more of His love than the day before. I wonder what would happen if we told people who do not know Jesus that the new thing they are looking for is a relationship that will fulfill all their emptiness if they want it. I wonder what would happen if we Christians really lived the gospel we say we live by. I was reading about Elijah today and I want each new day this year be such that I can say I who stand in the presence of God lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment