Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Obedience- A Key to Relationship

 And Aram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
 —Genesis 17:3–4
In today's culture the idea of obedience has two understandings of what that means. This is also in the church culture. Some obey God only in His written word and others obey God in His spoken word. The first group hold up the Word of God as their standard and know it. The other group can hear the Lord and move as they see Him move. We have got to bring this together or we only have one part of who God is. Our relationship and understanding of Him will be one sided. I have seen this many times in my own life. I will move and do crazy things the Lord has spoken to me but to do the mundane written things that also make me who I am in Him not so much. I am working in this new year to put the two together. Jesus knew the written word and obeyed it but He also heard His Father and did the spoken things God had for Him. Let us develop both of these two aspects of relationship. It is not religiosity or bondage it is simple living like Jesus did in the wholeness of RELATIONSHIP.

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of Jesus speaking to the Samaritan Woman at the well when He told her the day was coming when the true worshipers of God would worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. Good word Rusty!

    ReplyDelete